Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Update on Clipper Storm


Alright..due to the color code being wrong on the previous map I have decided to redo the map with some changes as well...
Last night at 5 AM when i was posting and watching the 6z GFS i was becoming a bit concerned with the northward extent of the precipitation. The 06 Z GFS was actually further south then the 00z GFS. I thought to myself at that time that it was just the GFS. ECM was not quite as far south as that 06 Z GFS was. However..I kept it in the back of my mind. Because the 6 Z GFS essentially moved the low from west to east off the Delmarva and did not even really turn it to the NE.

Now the 12 Z ECM comes out with the exact same thinking.....

QPF is relatively the same as previous runs..just now with the further south track becoming more and more apparent this will shift the snowfalls northern extent southwards...

SO with those thoughts in mind ..this is my updated final map
As i mentioned last night this is going to not have alot of QPF to work with. At the most .25 would be the highest. I am using 20:1 ratios. This is going to be a very fluffy type snowfall. One that will blow around quite easily and one that will be hard to measure due to the blowing around factor..

I do not expect Blizzard conditions by any means...

Throw that word out the window.
I could see some whiteout conditions if it gets windy enough because any snowfall will blow around easily. With all that in mind that is my final map and truly enjoy this snowfall as it is the type one can truly enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment