Saturday, January 10, 2009

Winter Storm Warning Downgraded to Light Snow Advisory


Winter Storm Warning for the region has been downgraded to a light snow advisory effective 3 PM this afternoon thru midnight tonight.


Alright after digesting the complete 12 Z model suite... I have not really changed much thinking on the track of the storm. I still believe its going to track right across the PA/MD border due east and across the Jersey shore. Looking at radar it seems the precipitation is moving due east. The pressure falls that update each hour also appear to be moving due east. So i still think the track is above and then it will cut across ENE over southern Jersey.....

So everyone is on the same page here with my map ..I want people to understand that it is not the track of the storm that made me change the map. I am not sure how much snow has fallen out in western PA at this point so that area could be off depending on what has. However..my main concentration side is to the east....

What made me change my map is the intensity of the snowfall. According to the radar(s) it should be snowing here and aside from a flurry now and then it is not doing anything. We have had about an inch give or take. So i have cut down accumulations due to the intensity of the moisture.
Best lift and frontogenesis appears that it is going to be more to the north of the system even though the storm track is staying south of the region by going along the PA/ MD border...
So thats the explanation of the map and why the changes...

No comments:

Post a Comment