Tuesday, November 17, 2009

December 2009 Monthly Outlook


December Highlights

Potential Winter Storm in the first 10 days of the month
Potential turning sharply colder last two weeks of the month

Overall expecting this month to turn back to the pattern that has been dominant since May 09. That pattern was a + PNA - EPO and a neutral to negative NAO. I am also expecting this month to be rather volatile with times of above normal and times of below normal. There is also a possibility that this month ends up colder then what I have in the outlook. It all depends whether we go thru a stepping down process or whether the rubber band just snaps and the cold spills south and east. At this point I think we will go thru a stepping down process. I will explain more about this in my pattern update tomorrow where i cover the last two weeks of November...

No comments:

Post a Comment