Saturday, December 6, 2008

December 6th Weather Discussion and Clipper Snowfall Updated



I had to revise my map. I am not sure whether the revision is a good thing or not yet...but never the less felt a revision will probably be necessary.
It appears to my eye that the moisture is still further south then what was being modeled. I am also wondering if the primary does not remain stronger then any coastal that develops? Aside from these thoughts...the clipper should continue to press off to the ESE ..possibly more SSE and snows should spread into the region on the eastern side of the state of PA by or around 4 PM in the afternoon. I expect the snow to continue at varying rates of intensity ..mainly light to at times moderate tapering off to flurries by 4 PM sunday afternoon.....

Now the question of the coastal. Does this coastal come into play closer to the coast or does it develop a little too late? I believe the coastal will come in closer to the coast but will only effect New England. The snows that we achieve will be mainly from the clipper.

Temperatures look like they will be in the upper 20s to lower 30s across western PA and into western NY. Across eastern PA low to mid 30s and then across southern new england....upper 30s to around 40. To the south of PA temps will be in the upper 30s to upper 40s depending on your locale. These are my thoughts right now as of almost 3 AM.

No comments:

Post a Comment